11. Mamma Mia That's a Spicy Meatball - The 1969 Classic Alka Seltzer Commercial
The classic ad directed by Howard Zieff features what could very well be my own sweet grandparents and some spicy meatballs right front Nonna's kitchen.
10. Alka-Seltzer, 1972 - "I Can't Believe I Ate The Whole Thing"
Ralph can't believe he ate the whole thing, and just to reassure him his darling with is there to remind him he did.
9. The Vintage "Speedy" sings Oh What A Relieve It is
8. No Matter What Shape Your Stomach Is In, Alka Seltzer is there for you.
This commercial first aired in the fall of 1964 and then later again in color in early 1966.
7. Alka Seltzer's Talking Stomach
Gene Wilder is the voice of the "stomach" in this commercial, and it was designed and animated by R.O. Blechman, first aired in 1967.
6. Alka Seltzer's Invents The Blues and Calls it The Blahs
Another brilliant animated spot featuring the voice of Gene Wilder.
5. When You Eat Something You Shouldn't Have...
...and then get on a boat Alka Seltzer is there for ya. This ad featured the voice over by by Sir Donald Sinden.
4. The Bad Cook...Alka Seltzer Concurs Love For You
This gem featured a young couple played by Alice Playten and Terry Kiser. Ah the dumplings.
3. The Inmate's Want Their Alka Seltzer Now
From around 1968ish, one of favorite Seltzer ads.
2. Timmy Rogers and Sammy Davis Jr. Do The Plop Plop Fizz Fizz
From 1978, Sammy enlightens Timmy to the benefits of Alka Seltzer when you eat and play too hard.
1. A Little History Recap On The Good Old Plop Plop Fizz Fizz From CBS.
Over 80 years ago, Miles Laboratories introduced a new antacid, Alka Seltzer and all these years later we still reach for it when our stomachs give us trouble.
The Ads are in no particular order or preference, just some gems I enjoy sitting back and watching occasionally. Most of the Alka Seltzer ads are the work of the ad agencies: Wells, Rich, Greene; Jack Tinker & Partners and Doyle Dane Bernbach.